Several months have passed since Christmas at his parent’s house. The snow has melted and the grass is just starting to turn green again. I was hurriedly cleaning my apartment before Rory came over again. I see him every day.
I was right around 340 pounds by this point. I had slowed down and was continuing to slow down in my gains. We were both alright with that, I didn’t want to get too unhealthy and Rory wanted me around for many years to come.
I heard a knock at the door. “Come in!” I shouted.
There he was, the love of my life. He was a strong Minnesota boy, not afraid of the cold. Even though it barely pushed 60 degrees lately, he was wearing a tight t-shirt and a pair of shorts with sandals. He looked so good in summer clothes. He looked around my apartment, which he hadn’t been to in a week or so. “Nice,” he said, gesturing to a pair of underwear on a lampshade.
“Ah, crud,” I said, “I thought I got them all off the lamps.”
“Why does your apartment always look like a bunch of frat boys had a party here?” he asked.
“I strip on the way to my bed, and my clothes land where they may.”
He laughed and started helping my clean up my clothes all over. I had noticed recently that I was getting more out of shape, just cleaning was making me sweat and breath heavier, and it usually didn’t. I wasn’t sure how I felt about that.
Rory went into the kitchen. I heard him rattle around for a second, and then he shouted “Hey, haven’t you had breakfast yet?”
“No, I got right to cleaning,” I shouted back.
“Do you mind if I make anything?”
“Go ahead.”
I heard the sound of a pan being put on the oven and eggs being put in it. I kissed the back of his neck, wrapping my arms around him from behind. That had gotten more difficult lately; my massive belly gets in the way sometimes. He told me to go sit down, the eggs were almost done. He knew how I liked them.
Rory loves cooking for me. Every night I get to try something new, he is constantly making different things. He saves all of the recipes I like. I’m not picky; the list of recipes I like has filled up several binders already. It’s great; I never get tired of meals.
I sat down at the table. Rory grabbed me a plate and served me. He sat down across from me.
“Did you eat, Hon?” I asked.
“No.”
“Ah, Love, you gotta eat something!”
“I’m fine, Jared.”
I didn’t listen to him. I grabbed a plate and cut my eggs in half, pushing them towards him. He liked his eggs the same way I did.
“Eat,” I said.
“Yes sir!” he said back, mocking me a little.
We ate in silence for a few minutes.
He broke the silence. “Jared, I have something I want to talk about.”
“Yeah?”
“I was wondering…if you don’t think it’s too soon… do you want to get a house with me?” he said, “I love you, and I’m tired of us not being together whenever we are home. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, Jared. If we got a house, we could fit all of our stuff. Your furniture isn’t going to fit in my apartment.”
My face cracked into a wide grin. “I was hoping you’d ask soon. Yeah, sure, Hon. My lease runs out in two weeks. Now’s the best time for me to move. Wow, owning a house. That will be fun!”
He smiled and got up to give me a hug. I pulled him down onto my lap. He rubbed my belly gently and kissed me.
“You know…Honey…if you…wanted…we could start….looking…today,” I said, between kisses.
He chuckled. “I’ve already been looking for the last few weeks. Do you want to go check some out? I’ll call my realtor, see if we can go.”
I already knew that he would have already been looking. “Sure, go ahead.”
He felt his pockets. “Damn, my phone is out in my car.” He pulled himself off me and jogged to the door. He slipped his sandals back on and gave me a big grin, saying he’d be right back. He winked at me as he left. God, I love him.
A month later, we were moving into our new home. It was nice, on the outskirts of New Ulm. Rory decorated most of it. His brother came down to help us move in and ended up staying for two weeks. It was busy, but by the end of May we were all moved in and alone again. However I had been living before was wrong. Every morning I woke up with him next to me. He got up for work about an hour before I did, and I would scoot over to where he was sleeping.
Right before he left, he’d sneak into the bedroom to kiss me goodbye. I’d get up and go to work.
He always got home before me. I called him when I was on my way and he met me at the door every evening with a kiss. Supper would be ready. We’d cuddle on the couch and watch a movie, have some wine or something, and go to bed.
We were happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment